plothook.net

Go Back   plothook.net > Play by Post, Misc > Marvel Super Heroes > Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters {GM Marvel} > Xavier Institute (LL1 - GL - L2)

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 12:33 AM
Playwright

"Ugh. You're such an ass. You two deserve each other." With one last massive eye roll, Brittany finds somewhere else to spectate.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Novelist

'OOoookaaay, musta hit a nerve' Jack thinks for a second then remembers that he is also different, an outcast...He nods his head and tries to get back to work. Though he likes what Brittney brings up "Yeah I think I can be a little off the wall, but that's in my nature Brit, as I am Jack B Quick!" He smiles widely.

Almost being tired of all the shenanigans they are doing instead of working, he takes a look around for a few moments and sees Aurum and Johnny looking at each other as if in a trance...He shrugs 'Telepaths...Meh'

'My common sense is tingling'

Health (as of January 16th 2013)
68/78
Old 07-23-2012, 02:08 AM
DM
StoryTeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
She reaches out and clasps his shoulder, more to steady herself in case the scene should be surprise her than any need for physical contact. Gently, she enters his mind.
Johnny lets Aurum into his mind. Despite his jovial nature she finds his mind very ordered and filled with a lot of technical stuff that she guesses would beyond some of even the brightest minds on the planet. She soon finds the memories of what occurred the night of the attack.

There was a party. Jean Grey, Storm, Iceman, Archangel and Colossus are all in attendance. Beef and Empath seem to be causing some problems for Colossus when Emma Frost appears with someone. She seems to start to psionicly torture the woman but for some reason Jean is effected. Storm comes to her defense and begins battling the White Queen which causes the Hellions to attack the rest of the X-men! Bevatron blasts Storm, while Beef once more attacks Colossus, and Catseye and Tarot take on Iceman. You also see Gloom but she disappears into the shadows, seemingly avoiding the fight. Eventually, Jean ends the battles with a powerful psionic blast. There is a brief discussion when suddenly a man mysteriously appears!

Green haired man http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DvKhdNIxfg...00/Fitzroy.jpg
The camera captures him touching the neck and draining the life out of Jetstream, killing him instantly.

‘Jetstream! You’ve killed him!’ Beef screams, rushing towards the man, only to be knocked over. The man then remarks, ‘I should certainly hope so, my dear Beef. I cannot image he would much enjoy what would be left of his life in that condition! Much as you will not enjoy your own condition…if you are even alive yourself…when and wherever you land!’ With that, he throws Beef through the side of the Hellfire Club’s fourth floor outer wall, down into the street below.

Much of the dialogue is drowned out when the X-Men, White Queen and Hellions engage the man in battle - until things take a turn for the worse when a teleportation portal opens - and another man, followed by three giant robots, emerges! That man is struck down by the Sentinels, who then prepare to take on the X-Men, White Queen and Hellions. The White Queen is struck down first, before the battle spreads out onto the streets below, while the green haired man watches with glee. Tarot is the next to fall when suddenly, Jean Grey appears and blasts one of the Sentinels that killed Tarot with a powerful telekinetic bolt that hits it in the face. ‘Alert! Target Jean Grey attacking!’ the Sentinel states. Jean exclaims that this is madness. ‘They’re slicing through us as if we were rank amateurs!’ she declares, before remarking that the Sentinels are like none she has ever battled before. ‘Nor shall you ever battle again!’ one of the Sentinels states as eyebeams pour from its sockets. The Sentinel tells the others to press home the advantage, and states that the target was unprepared for their resilience. ‘Target falling’ states the other Sentinel.

Her uniform tattered, and bloody scratches all over her body, Jean slumps over, while one of the Sentinels states that the target is incapacitated. ‘Termination sequence engaged’ it declares. ‘No… it can’t end like this!’ Jean exclaims before the Sentinels pour more power onto her in a blinding display. ‘Termination accomplished. Target Marvel Girl is dead!’ one of the Sentinels states. ‘A condition with which I understand she is quite familiar’ the green haired man remarks. ‘This time, however, she will find it more permanent!’

It seems at this point the Security systems were damaged as there are no more images in Johnny's mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Masters View Post
Jason is unsure what to do. The Professor addressed him directly and his 'companion' bolted to other things.
"You are more then welcome to join us back at the institute until you can determine what you wish to do next," the professor replies.

Cerebro: Universal Table: Room Assignments: Book links:

World and Local News: X-Press (Issue 1)

The difference between 'Ordinary' and 'Extraordinary' is that little something 'X-tra'
~ Professor Xavier

Last edited by GM Marvel; 07-23-2012 at 02:26 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:28 PM
Novelist

Oh crap she probably heard my mind-voice...I'm doomed

He wanders back over to where the two mind-birds are and waves his hand in front of them then squints his eyes saying "Hello? It's like you've been there for almost a year..."

He continues waiting

68/78
Old 07-23-2012, 11:51 PM
Playwright

Coming out of the trance, Aurum blinks a few times and shakes her head slowly. Her eyes focus slowly and she looks at Jack in wide-eyed shock, as if he'd just grown another head.

"We have to tell the professor."

She looks away, staring blankly at one of the body prints on the floor, where Jean Grey had fallen, and she does not move. Instead, she cries out to Professor Xavier with her mind.

Professor! Johnny found something. Snatches of images follow, more jumbled than Johnny's sterile digitized version of the story. The green-haired man. Emma Frost. The Sentinels killing Jean Grey (for a split second replaced by their recently dead classmate, Jessica Ryon). Emma Frost as she was seen at the school right before coming here, which meant they had to be alive.

Last edited by Aurum; 07-24-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:41 AM
Novelist

"About what?!" He looks to her dumbfounded and scared that she looks unnerved about something. "What's going--? Can I do anything about it??" He adds without much of a clue as to what to do

68/78
Old 07-24-2012, 11:12 AM
DM
StoryTeller

As the professor sifts through the torrent of images, Aurum detects a subtle hint of surprise regerstering on Xavier's face, though not the shock she may have been expecting. It was more a sense of pride.

As Aurum comes to reason that they must be alive, the Professor states, "Yes indeed Jean is alive. I had planned to reveal what was going on once the events of last night were fully revealed. However under the cercumstances and your group's uncanny sleuthing I shall try to explain what has occured."

"The X-men were attacked and as you saw, both Jean and Emma were overcome by large robots named Sentinels. However if any of my X-men or for that matter, a powerful telepath were to truly perish I would have sensed it, which I did not."

"The X-men returned last night to the mansion with the body of Jean and the head of the Sentinel. Forge then managed to find information in its homing circuits on where the man took Emma Frost's body. The X-men and I then went to his base and rescued Emma's body where I found that my suspicions were true. Before Jean fell, she managed to place her mind into the body of Miss Frost. While Emma was in a deep coma, Jean took over her body. Then through some delicate psychic surgery, I managed to return Jean's mind to her body."

"Jean is alive and resting at the mansion and what you saw this morning of Emma, was an illusion or projection. Her body is still in a coma but periodically she can project her thoughts into the material world. I have been attempting to revive her but her body will need time to heal before Emma has any chance of waking."

[Please note that in the comics, Emma's fate was slightly different. She did survive but was placed in stasis. She revived much later and established a new teen group called, Generation X. Following the dissolution of Gen X and the closure of the Massachusetts Academy, Emma moved to the island nation of Genosha and eventually came to Xavier's institute to teach.

I am altering the time line slightly to allow her to become a teacher a little sooner then she would have done.]

Cerebro: Universal Table: Room Assignments: Book links:

World and Local News: X-Press (Issue 1)

The difference between 'Ordinary' and 'Extraordinary' is that little something 'X-tra'
~ Professor Xavier
Old 07-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Playwright

"Wow and all this happened while we were sleeping," Johnny replies with a mixture of surprise and concern. "That's crazy! Does this kind of crap happen all the time? I was kinda hoping that this past week was out of the norm but it seems like this is what you call your typical Monday"
Old 07-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Playwright

Aurum grins and suddenly leans sideways to bump shoulders with Johnny. "Good job." She glances at him appreciatively. He had really useful powers that worked well in combination with her own when gaining and transmitting information to others.

Last edited by Aurum; 07-24-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Novelist

"Wow, good work guys...Not sure what we did but good work" He walks over to a rock and sits on it waiting to bolt at a moments notice.

68/78
Closed Thread